India is celebrating its best ever performance in the Asian Games. The best record in the event's 72-year history.

In the 2023 Asian  Games, as of October 5, India has won 86 medals including 21 gold, 32 silver and 33 bronze medals.

Exceptional performances in track and field, including Ansi Sojan's long jump, Neeraj Chopra's javelin, Harmilan Bains' 1,500m run and an impressive relay by the men's team have been a crowd pleaser.

A recent GroupM report revealed that sponsorship for all sports activities in India is expected to reach Rs 14,209 crore in 2022, representing a remarkable 49 percent growth over 2021.

Notably, 85 percent of this revenue is attributed to cricket, with the remaining 15 percent coming from emerging sports like kabaddi and football.

Now private sector, technology pioneers are changing India's sports sector.

Despite facing challenges such as inadequate funding, training facilities, infrastructure and technical resources, which may seem like mere excuses given the "sprints" and "long jumps" of the Indian economy, these hurdles are a harsh reality.

However, the landscape is changing. Startups backed by the private sector have taken the initiative to bring games to the mainstream in India and bridge the gap.

This is the highest number of medals in the 2023 Asian Games in its 72-year history.

Read full article about Asian games medals won by India